FS-550E Series Flow Switch
- Engineered for Positive Liquid Flow Detection at Pressures to 138 bar (2000 psig)
- Unique, Patented Cam Design Assures Low Pressure Drop and Does not Require Bellows, Seals, or Mechanical Linkages
- Minimum In-Line Restriction; Paddle Pivots to Move Out of Liquid Path with Increasing Flow
- Pipe Line Size: 1 1/4" and up
- Primary Construction Material: Stainless Steel or Brass
- Setting Type: Fixed
Standard FS-550E switches sense liquid flow in either direction to monitor flow/no-flow conditions. The paddle is trimmed during installation to permit switch actuation at the desired flow rate. As flow increases in a pipe, the paddle of the switch pivots to move out of the liquid path, producing less than 200mb of pressure drop regardless of pipe size.
Using Gems™ Safe-Pak® Relays and Barriers, these switches provide automatic flow / no flow interlock and are intrinsically-safe without explosion-proof housing and piping.
- Heat Exchangers